Join Tom Geller for an in-depth discussion in this video Customize field appearance, part of Drupal 8 Essentials 2: Building Out Your Website.
- [Voiceover] In another video, we created…a content type called artist, and added a…whole bunch of fields to it.…The result is that we can put a lot of…useful information into artist nodes, but the results…don't really look quite the way I want.…I'll show you that by going to Content,…and then Paul Shellington.…Now, in that earlier video, I already fixed this picture…so that it wasn't as big as the original image.…It's now shrunk down to what they call the large size,…but we still have this label up here that says Portrait.…
To change that, I'm going to go to the content type,…and remember, this will change all artist nodes.…To do so, we go up to Structure, and then Content types,…and then next to Artist, we go to Manage display.…Now I just wanna mention, Manage display is…what visitors see, Manage form display is what the editor…sees, and we'll come back to that in just a few minutes.…We want Manage display for now.…Just to repeat, if you want to change the size of that image…as it appears in the node, you would click…
In these tutorials, Tom Geller helps new Drupal designers change the layout and design elements of their sites, control visitor interactions (including comments), arrange content in user-friendly "views," and expand the site's capabilities beyond what's available in core Drupal with Drupal modules. In all the steps you'll learn best practices to ensure your sites remain streamlined, secure, and up to date.
If you want to start from the beginning and create your Drupal site from scratch, check out Drupal 8 Essentials 1: Getting Started.
- Grouping content into categories
- Managing comments
- Adding discussion groups
- Customizing fields and image styles
- Adjusting menus and navigation to help users
- Adding new features with Drupal modules