Join Tom Geller for an in-depth discussion in this video Create basic content, part of Drupal 8 Essentials 1: Getting Started.
- View Offline
- [Voiceover] If all you want is a basic blog,…you're all set.…Drupal comes all set up for that.…It's much more than simple blogging software, of course,…but if all you want to do is post information…to your website, here's how you do it.…First, be sure you're logged in.…To do that, go up to this log in link here.…I'm going to use the user name and password…I'm using throughout this course:…"admin" and "Drupal".…Now there are two ways to add content.…One is to go up to your shortcuts and click "add content",…or go back to "manage" and then "content"…and "add content".…
They both go to the same place.…Now you have a choice of two different things…that Drupal calls Content Types: Article and Basic Page.…Article is a lot like a blog post…in the sense that it allows for commenting,…so I'm going to select that one.…Here you are.…All that you really need to fill in is the title,…but I'll fill in both the title and body.…These links over here let you set such things as menus…and commenting controls and so forth.…We'll come back to that later in the course.…
This course is the first of the series. No prerequisites are required beyond basic computer skills! These easy-to-follow tutorials show how to install Drupal and other necessary components on a Windows or Mac computer, navigate Drupal's web-based interface, configure the settings of a new Drupal site, create content, and move the site to a server. Every step includes best practices to ensure your website remains streamlined, secure, and up-to-date.
Watch Drupal 8 Essentials 2: Building Out Your Website to find out how to finesse your site with categories, comments, custom styles, and other special features.
- Comparing Drupal to other software
- Getting help with Drupal
- Installing Acquia Dev Desktop on Mac and Windows
- Installing the Drupal database, modules, and themes
- Creating basic content
- Establishing your site's look and feel
- Adjusting security settings
- Adding images and metadata
- Adding a sidebar
- Moving your Drupal website to a server
- Backing up a Drupal site