Join Tom Geller for an in-depth discussion in this video Connecting content to existing nodes, part of Drupal 6: Online Presentation of Data.
- View Offline
One interesting feature of the CCK module is that it provides ways for you to…link from one node to another, which will lead to some very interesting uses of…this data. Before we begin, I should warn you that we are starting to get into…some advanced concepts. If you have trouble later, I recommend watching both…this video and one earlier in the series called "Planning your Data Structure."…We have added a few more records to the database, so we'll have records to…link. If you are following along and would like to have the same records in…your database as you see here, you have two options. You can either stop the…video now and enter these records, or if you received this video on disk or…have a premium subscription to lynda.com, you can import the Exercise Files for this video.…
The first thing that we need to do is to turn on the node reference section of…CCK. We do that as always by going to Administer, Site building, and Modules,…and then scroll down into the CCK area. The one that we want is called Node…
- Importing and manipulating data in Drupal
- Presenting date-formatted information in calendars
- Understanding Drupal's data-query interface, "Views"
- Improving view appearances with grid, list, and table formatting
- Importing, exporting, and cloning views
- Extending views with arguments and relationships