Join Tom Geller for an in-depth discussion in this video Collect view information, part of Drupal 8 Essential Training: 2 Building Out Your Website.
- [Voiceover] I showed how the front page is actually a view…and how you can modify it.…We just go up here to this little pencil icon…and click edit view.…This is one of the many built-in views…that comes with Drupal,…but you don't have to be stuck using these built-in views…as a starting point.…You can also create your own views from scratch…and make them display whatever you want…in a wide variety of formats.…To show this I'm going to create a view…that shows the artists that are connected with the museum.…
First I go up to content just to see what we have,…and I'll filter by type, artist.…Right now we only have the one artist, Paul Shellington,…so I'm going to create another one.…I click add content, and then artist.…Then as usual, I fill out this form.…If you have access to the exercise files…you can follow along, because all of the text is there.…I'll do that now.…And save.…Yep, it looks pretty good.…Now to create the view.…To do that I go up to structure,…and then scroll down to views.…
This time I'm going to add a new view.…
In these tutorials, Tom Geller helps new Drupal designers change the layout and design elements of their sites, control visitor interactions (including comments), arrange content in user-friendly "views," and expand the site's capabilities beyond what's available in core Drupal with Drupal modules. In all the steps you'll learn best practices to ensure your sites remain streamlined, secure, and up to date.
If you want to start from the beginning and create your Drupal site from scratch, check out Drupal 8 Essentials 1: Getting Started.
- Grouping content into categories
- Managing comments
- Adding discussion groups
- Customizing fields and image styles
- Adjusting menus and navigation to help users
- Adding new features with Drupal modules