Join Tom Geller for an in-depth discussion in this video Attaching more information to views, part of Drupal 6: Online Presentation of Data.
- View Offline
One data display often compliments another. Let's take vote counts from a…presidential election, for example. A two color map that shows that leading…candidate in each state provides one sort of information and that's a kind…that's easy to understand at a glance.…A table of vote counts provides details that would cluttered up such a map, but…if you put the two together on a newspaper page then well, you get the kind of…impactful informative combination that made USA today so successful. You can do…the same thing with your Drupal displays. First, by changing some options in…the Basic settings section of the Views administrative interface and secondly,…by taking advantage of a kind of view known as an Attachment.…
First, let's take a look at the Basic settings options. We've already touched…on a few of these in other videos in the series. Now let's put all that…learning in one place. I should warn you though, in my opinion, the Basic…settings administration area is kind of a mess. It includes some pretty random…
- Importing and manipulating data in Drupal
- Presenting date-formatted information in calendars
- Understanding Drupal's data-query interface, "Views"
- Improving view appearances with grid, list, and table formatting
- Importing, exporting, and cloning views
- Extending views with arguments and relationships