Join Tom Geller for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding fields to a view, part of Drupal 6: Online Presentation of Data.
- View Offline
Let's go to the Person view we created earlier in the course and then delete i,…and start building it up again. We are not going to do it all in one go and…it's going to look kind of ugly along the way, but don't worry. We'll get there…and well beyond before we're done.…The first thing you need to do as always to get to the Views interface is to go…to Administer, Site building and Views. We've already done that and just to…remind us before we start, let's go back to the cheat-sheet that gives us steps…to creating a view.…I have deleted everything after the first few steps that will be covered in…this video. The first step is to go to the List of views and to click on add.…
So we go back to our site and click on Add. The next step is to provide a name…and the type of view that we want. We are going to call this view people, and…remember this View name at the top is the machine readable one, so it all has to be lower case.…Our View description will again just be People with a capital P. The type of…
- Importing and manipulating data in Drupal
- Presenting date-formatted information in calendars
- Understanding Drupal's data-query interface, "Views"
- Improving view appearances with grid, list, and table formatting
- Importing, exporting, and cloning views
- Extending views with arguments and relationships