Join Tom Geller for an in-depth discussion in this video Add graphics, text styling, and metadata, part of Drupal 8 Essentials 1: Getting Started.
- View Offline
- [Voiceover] When I first went through how to post content,…you might have noticed a whole bunch of options…that we didn't have time to discuss in any details.…Now we're gonna go back…and see how to do such things as style text,…add graphics, save past revisions,…and change metadata,…such as the page's author and posting time.…To demonstrate, we'll create an About Us page…for our museum site.…You'll find the text and graphic…in the course's exercise files,…or you can use whatever text and graphic you want.…I already have the text open in a text editor.…
On our site, to create the node,…I go up to Content.…Add content.…And Basic page.…Then I'll copy and paste the text…from my exercise file.…You'll notice this collection of tools at the top…that let you style the text somewhat.…I'm going to do that.…I'll make this text "An Introduction" bold.…And I'm going to highlight all of this…and turn it into a quote.…If you wonder what any of these tools do,…you can simply hover your cursor above them,…and it'll tell you.…
Before I save this, I want to point out this Source button.…
This course is the first of the series. No prerequisites are required beyond basic computer skills! These easy-to-follow tutorials show how to install Drupal and other necessary components on a Windows or Mac computer, navigate Drupal's web-based interface, configure the settings of a new Drupal site, create content, and move the site to a server. Every step includes best practices to ensure your website remains streamlined, secure, and up-to-date.
Watch Drupal 8 Essentials 2: Building Out Your Website to find out how to finesse your site with categories, comments, custom styles, and other special features.
- Comparing Drupal to other software
- Getting help with Drupal
- Installing Acquia Dev Desktop on Mac and Windows
- Installing the Drupal database, modules, and themes
- Creating basic content
- Establishing your site's look and feel
- Adjusting security settings
- Adding images and metadata
- Adding a sidebar
- Moving your Drupal website to a server
- Backing up a Drupal site