Join Tom Geller for an in-depth discussion in this video Add discussion groups, part of Drupal 8 Essential Training: 2 Building Out Your Website.
- [Voiceover] Discussion groups have been around…pretty much unchanged since before the web.…And you can set them up really easily in drupal eight…where the're known as forums .…Before we get into this I'm going to re-add a block…that we deleted earlier on.…To do that i go upto structure, block layout…and the one I want to add is called tools…and all put that in the Sidebar first.…Go down to Sidebar first…place block and then look for tools…The're it is place block and save .…
Then scroll to the bottom and save.…Now I'm ready for my forums…we go up to extent…and we are going to enable a module…that comes with drupal…but isn't enable by default called forum.…To find it quickly you could type forum in here…or scroll down until you see in the list.…And there it is.…Check the box go to the bottom and install.…To configure this module…you can scroll down to the module itself…or as I say search for it…Then click this little turn down triangle next to it.`…And click configure .…
You can also get there by going to structure…
In these tutorials, Tom Geller helps new Drupal designers change the layout and design elements of their sites, control visitor interactions (including comments), arrange content in user-friendly "views," and expand the site's capabilities beyond what's available in core Drupal with Drupal modules. In all the steps you'll learn best practices to ensure your sites remain streamlined, secure, and up to date.
If you want to start from the beginning and create your Drupal site from scratch, check out Drupal 8 Essentials 1: Getting Started.
- Grouping content into categories
- Managing comments
- Adding discussion groups
- Customizing fields and image styles
- Adjusting menus and navigation to help users
- Adding new features with Drupal modules