Drupal 7 Essential Training
Drupal 7 Essential Training shows how to get the most out of Drupal, the content management system (CMS) that powers over a quarter million web sites. The course demonstrates how to download and install Drupal, add content and graphics to a site, change layout and design elements, control visitor interactions, and expand the site's capabilities beyond what’s available in Drupal core. Discussion of established best practices in each step to ensure that a site remains streamlined, secure, and up-to-date. Exercise files are included with the course.
- Comparing Drupal with other content management systems
- Understanding nodes
- Creating basic content
- Adding blogs, discussions groups, and polls
- Subscribing to RSS feeds
- Creating new content types
- Managing users, roles, and permissions
- Creating and modifying block regions
- Adding menus
- Extending site capabilities with modules
Hi, I am Tom Geller, and this is Drupal 7 Essential Training. Version 7 makes Drupal even easier, with better content handling, expanded user management, an improved administrative interface, and a new installer that gets you up and running faster than ever. This course starts you off at the very beginning, and guides you through to a completed and launched site. I'll start off by helping you decide whether Drupal is right for you. Then we will move quickly but thoroughly, through installation, configuration, layout, content, and user management.
Finally, I'll show you how to update your site, so it will run reliably and securely for years to come. Drupal took me way beyond what I could create with other web tools. Let's get started making great web sites with Drupal 7 Essential Training.
Find answers to the most frequently asked questions about Drupal 7 Essential Training .
Here are the FAQs that matched your search "" :
- Q: In the "Getting Drupal up and running fast" movie, the author downloads and install the Acquia Drupal stack installer, but I can't find it on the Acquia downloads page (acquia.com/downloads).
- A: After the course was released, Acquia changed their branding. What used to be called the "stack installer" is now "Acquia Dev Desktop" -- that's the one you want. It includes Acquia Drupal, Apache, MySQL and PHP.
- Q: This course was updated on 11/10/2011. What changed in this release?
- A: This update was a change to the movie "Installing the Acquia Drupal stack installer (DAMP)". The movie is now called "Installing the Acquia Dev Desktop".
After the course was released, Acquia changed their branding. What used to be called the "stack installer" is now "Acquia Dev Desktop". Please review this movie to learn about changes to the installation process.
- Q: How do I download the version of the software the author uses in this course?
- A: To get the file:1) Go to https://network.acquia.com/downloads.2) Click the Acquia Drupal 7.x tab at the top.3) Click Dev Desktop for Windows.4) Click Download Now.
Sorry, there are no matches for your search "" —to search again, type in another word or phrase and click search.
PHP with MySQL Essential Training3,926,247 Views
Git Essential Training2,590,097 Views
Foundations of Programming: Fundamentals6,780,099 Views
HTML Essential Training3,275,712 Views
3ds Max 2015 Essential Training496,207 Views
After Effects CC Essential Training2,538,462 Views