In the iOS version of mobile Dropbox, you can use your phone to scan a document and save it as a PDF or PNG. Scanning documents with your iPhone is the focus of this movie, which is geared for photographers using this robust cloud sharing and backup platform. Hosted by photographer and writer Derrick Story.
- [Instructor] There are some very interesting features built into this app for photographers and visual type people and for people who are just into business stuff. And one of them that kind of crosses over into both worlds right now is scanning documents. So I'm gonna show you how that works. I'm gonna go ahead and tap on the plus sign right here and I'm going to choose Scan Document. And I'm going to try to do my business card so let me line this up here.
Let's see here, I want to get things more or less even. So I went in and tapped it. Now you're going to look at this and go, "Whoa Derek, that doesn't really look so good". Well I'll show you what's going on here. I'm gonna tap on the Adjustments button at the bottom in the center there. OK and now we're going to go over to original, and you see that looks a lot better doesn't it. We were on black and white and there's also Whiteboard, but we're going to go to original right now.
Alright that crop is pretty decent, I could've lined it up a little bit better but this is live action here this is live television as they say. So I'm going to go ahead and click on Done right here. And there is my scan and I'm pretty happy with that. Especially for just doing it with a whole bunch of people watching. So now I'm going to tap on Next. I may give it a name, and we'll just call it Nimble Card.
And I'll tap on Done there. I'm going to save it as a PDF but I could save it as a png. And then I'm going to save it to Scanned Documents, now I set up that folder already. Tap on that. If you don't have a folder like that, you can tap on Create Folder down here in the lower left corner and create a scanned documents folder or whatever you want to name it. So I have one already. And you'll see it right here, see there it is.
So I'll go ahead and set that location and now I'll save it. And that card will be saved into my Scanned Documents folder just like that. It's a PDF and it's great, you can use it for really anything that you want, for business cards, for receipts, for entire bigger documents, saves it as a PDF, shoot it with your camera regardless of which mobile device you have as long as it has a camera. And I think it's a very handy feature and it's right there in your Dropbox mobile app.
- Understanding free vs. paid Dropbox plans
- Installing Dropbox
- Setting up shared folders
- Syncing and selective syncing
- Setting up the Dropbox mobile app on iOS and Android
- Sharing photos and albums
- Copying and moving files
- Uploading photos from a memory card or computer
- Using Dropbox with Lightroom, Photos for OS X, and Capture One Pro