Join Joseph Lowery for an in-depth discussion in this video Working with web fonts, part of Dreamweaver CC and WordPress 3.8: Core Concepts.
…The emergence of web fonts is one of the…most far-reaching innovations in web design in recent years.…Finally, designers are freed from the strangle hold of just using system fonts.…The general Roux site makes use of several web fonts for both headings and body copy.…So we'll want our blog to follow suit.…In this lesson, I'm going to show you two techniques.…One is a basic technique…you can use with any web font you can download.…While the other uses the Adobe Edge web fonts built into DreamWeaver CC.…
Both methods are pretty straight forward but…the latter involves a little code manipulation.…Luckily this design uses two different web fonts, so we can demo both.…We'll do the more general technique first. To start, we need to copy some assets.…So…I'm going to switch over to Finder.…And from the exercise file expand chapter five 05_03.…You'll see an underscore fonts folder there.…I'm going to copy that one and then go to my site root.…
Roux Academy blog > wp-content > themes > Roux.…And paste in my copied fonts folder.…
- Setting up WordPress locally
- Establishing your Dreamweaver CC site
- Adding and editing posts and pages
- Customizing WordPress themes
- Building responsive layouts
- Extending WordPress editable pages
- Using and styling WordPress plugins
- Integrating jQuery functionality
- Publishing your WordPress site with Dreamweaver
- Personalizing and enhancing WordPress
Skill Level Intermediate
Dreamweaver and WordPress: Building Themeswith Joseph Lowery1h 47m Intermediate
WordPress: Building Responsive Themeswith Morten Rand-Hendriksen2h 55m Intermediate
1. Setting Up WordPress
2. Exploring Your WordPress Site in Dreamweaver CC
3. Creating Content
4. Working with WordPress Themes
5. Customizing a Theme
6. Providing Responsive Design
7. Extending WordPress Editable Pages
9. Using WordPress Plugins
10. Extending the User Experience
11. WordPress Administration
12. Publishing Your WordPress Site
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.