Join Joseph Lowery for an in-depth discussion in this video Working with search text, part of Dreamweaver CC and WordPress 3.8: Core Concepts.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
…As mentioned at the end of the prior lesson, the remaining issues that…I have to work with on the search widget are all text related.…First, there's a label, search for, that you see…right above the search field that we don't need.…Then, there's some placeholder text that should be in the input field, that isn't.…And finally, there's a kind of mysteriously placed…search term which you can sort of read that's…overlaying our graphic, which we certainly don't want.…To deal with this issues, we're going to combine…some basic CSS, with some PHP custom functions.…
Let's take care of this CSS based solution first.…And that's changing the label that you see here to a display none.…So, I'm going to go into, inspect mode, and…then just click on this label, go there.…We don't have a rule…for that just yet.…So, I can go to my style.css (no period) And since I know that we're working within…the form with the ID of searchform I…can target that because that's the only label there.…So, searchform label, and…we'll use the property display and set that to none.…
- Setting up WordPress locally
- Establishing your Dreamweaver CC site
- Adding and editing posts and pages
- Customizing WordPress themes
- Building responsive layouts
- Extending WordPress editable pages
- Using and styling WordPress plugins
- Integrating jQuery functionality
- Publishing your WordPress site with Dreamweaver
- Personalizing and enhancing WordPress
Skill Level Intermediate
Dreamweaver and WordPress: Building Themeswith Joseph Lowery1h 47m Intermediate
WordPress: Building Responsive Themeswith Morten Rand-Hendriksen2h 55m Intermediate
1. Setting Up WordPress
2. Exploring Your WordPress Site in Dreamweaver CC
3. Creating Content
4. Working with WordPress Themes
5. Customizing a Theme
6. Providing Responsive Design
7. Extending WordPress Editable Pages
9. Using WordPress Plugins
10. Extending the User Experience
11. WordPress Administration
12. Publishing Your WordPress Site
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.