Join Joseph Lowery for an in-depth discussion in this video Working with iOS for iPhone and iPad, part of Building Android and iOS Apps with Dreamweaver CS5.5.
Apple's iOS operating system, which currently drives the iPhone, the iPad, and…the iPod touch, is a true market leader.…Not only is iOS credited with breaking new ground, it is by far the most-used…mobile OS in North America as shown by the NetAverages graphic.…iOS is composed of five basic levels of technology.…For the most part, mobile application developers are only concerned with the…uppermost layer, Cocoa Touch.…But I think it's a good idea to get an overview of the entire iOS structure so…you better understand how it all fits together.…
At the lowest level is a mobile- specific version of the Mach Kernel, originally…developed for Carnegie Mellon University and now used by Mac OS X. The Core OS,…as you might expect from the name, handles the basic operations including file…management, security and interfacing with accessories.…The Accelerate framework is used to calculate complex math calculations or…image manipulation.…The Core Services layer includes numerous high-level features to support in-app…
- Understanding the mobile app toolset
- Working with jQuery Mobile and mobile starters in Dreamweaver
- Applying an overall theme to an app
- Specifying Android settings
- Simulating the iPhone
- Setting up mobile pages
- Keeping jQuery Mobile current
- Applying page transitions
- Creating collapsible content
- Defining list views with images
- Creating web forms for mobile
- Integrating geolocation data with Google Maps
- Previewing an app in Device Central
Skill Level Intermediate
iOS 4 Web Applications with HTML5 and CSS3with Ray Villalobos3h 26m Intermediate
1. Exploring the Mobile App Landscape
2. Creating Your First Mobile App
Working with jQuery Mobile7m 37s
3. Setting Up an Android Work Environment
4. Establishing an iOS Workspace
5. Building a Mobile App from Scratch
6. Crafting a Form for Mobile
7. Advanced Features
8. Working with Device Central
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.