Join Joseph Lowery for an in-depth discussion in this video Working with WordPress functions, part of Dreamweaver CC and WordPress 3.8: Core Concepts.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
…The initial lesson in this chapter…demonstrated how you could customize the dashboard.…In this lesson, we'll extend the administrative…customization by adding an additional sidebar widget area…which will be used for inserting an advertisement…that the client can manage without designer intervention.…Customizations like these empower the client.…While simultaneously freeing up the designer.…Because we're going to be modifying the sidebar code.…We're going to need to copy sidebar dot php from…the parent themed folder into the child themed folder.…
So let's open up.…My files panel a bit, go into custom under…the themes, open sesame, locate the sidebar.php and copy it.…And then I'll close custom, go to my root folder, and paste…it in.…Now that that's done, I'm going to close…down index.php (no period) And I reopen it.…So that it will recognize the proper file.…Hit discover.…And then use our custom filter to target three different files we're looking for.…
So file.css, side bar Dot PHP semi…colon functions dot PHP alright and let's go…
- Setting up WordPress locally
- Establishing your Dreamweaver CC site
- Adding and editing posts and pages
- Customizing WordPress themes
- Building responsive layouts
- Extending WordPress editable pages
- Using and styling WordPress plugins
- Integrating jQuery functionality
- Publishing your WordPress site with Dreamweaver
- Personalizing and enhancing WordPress
Skill Level Intermediate
Dreamweaver and WordPress: Building Themeswith Joseph Lowery1h 47m Intermediate
WordPress: Building Responsive Themeswith Morten Rand-Hendriksen2h 55m Intermediate
1. Setting Up WordPress
2. Exploring Your WordPress Site in Dreamweaver CC
3. Creating Content
4. Working with WordPress Themes
5. Customizing a Theme
6. Providing Responsive Design
7. Extending WordPress Editable Pages
9. Using WordPress Plugins
10. Extending the User Experience
11. WordPress Administration
12. Publishing Your WordPress Site
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.