Join Sue Jenkins for an in-depth discussion in this video What you should know, part of Designing Websites from Photoshop to Dreamweaver.
- [Narrator] To use this training effectively, it would be useful if you had some basic web-coding skills, and familiarity with some design software. In this course I'm starting with the idea that you know enough about Photoshop to create your own web mock-up, that you're familiar with the basics of HTML and CSS coding, and that you have general knowledge about Bootstrap, and that you know in a general way how Dreamweaver works. If you don't have all of these skills, you can still discover a lot from this training, but you might get even more out of it by referring to some other courses in the library first.
For Photoshop skills, check out Photoshop CC Essential Training with Julieanne Kost, Photoshop CC for Web Design with Justin Seeley, Creating a First Website in Dreamweaver with Paul Trani, and Responsive Design with Bootstrap and Dreamweaver with David Powers. Once you've had a chance to bring your skills up to speed, return to this course to discover an effective way to design and build a basic, responsive website, using Photoshop and Bootstrap in Dreamweaver.
- Setting up the Photoshop and Dreamweaver workspaces
- Planning a site and defining site goals
- Making a site mockup
- Deciding on branding and content
- Adjusting color and fonts
- Slicing graphics
- Optimizing graphics for the web
- Creating a favicon
- Working with Bootstrap files
- Creating a navigation menu
- Using the Photoshop extractor
- Coding for SEO
- Making sites accessible
- Checking for errors with the Validator tool
- Using the Clean Up HTML tool
- Using the Link Checker panel
- Building pages with HTML
- Styling pages with CSS
- Making site galleries and carousels
Skill Level Intermediate
Dreamweaver CC 2015: Responsive Design with Bootstrapwith David Powers2h 10m Appropriate for all
Creating a Responsive Web Designwith Chris Converse3h 47m Beginner
1. Setting Up Your Workspace
2. Creating a Photoshop Mockup
3. Optimizing Web Graphics
4. Creating Dreamweaver Bootstrap Files
5. Building Site Pages
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.