Join James Williamson for an in-depth discussion in this video What is AJAX?, part of Dreamweaver CS4: Introduction to Spry.
Although Adobe automates much of the process of integrating Spry into your web applications, it's a good idea to have a solid understanding of the technologies and standards that Spry relies on, so that you can go beyond its default appearances and functionality.
- Validating form data to give users robust feedback
- Customizing widgets to meet the style of a web site
- Building a pull-down menu navigation system
- Pulling data from XML, HTML, and Excel spreadsheets
- Constructing datasets and widgets using code