Discover how to build web sites, web applications, and prototypes in Dreamweaver CS6.
- Hi, I'm James Williamson, Lynda.com Senior Author and I want to welcome you to Dreamweaver CS6 Essential Training. In this course, we'll be focusing on introducing you to the tools and workflows in Dreamweaver that help you build standards-compliant websites. We'll start by becoming comfortable in the Dreamweaver environment. And exploring how to properly manage your sites. From there, we'll look at creating new pages, structuring content properly, and making sure that your code is generated in a clean and an accessible manner.
We'll also cover Dreamweaver's powerful CSS tools, how you can use other programs, like Word and Photoshop to speed up your workflows. And how to properly create and style forms and tables. We'll also look at ways that you can add user interactivity to your pages. And how to use Dreamweaver to design for multiple screens so that your sites work properly across multiple devices. It may sound cliche, but we really will be talking about all of that and more. Dreamweaver is an amazing tool, and I'm excited about showing you what it can do. Let's get started.
- Choosing and customizing a workspace
- Defining a new site
- Uploading files to your site
- Creating new documents and web pages
- Formatting source code
- Working with CSS
- Placing images and background graphics
- Creating links
- Styling a basic table
- Creating a web form with buttons, check boxes, and list menus
- Adding Spry effects
Skill Level Beginner
Photoshop CS6 for Web Designers (2012)with Justin Seeley4h 56m Appropriate for all
What is Dreamweaver?1m 4s
1. The Dreamweaver Interface
2. Site Control
3. Creating New Documents
4. Adding and Structuring Text
5. Coding in Dreamweaver
6. Managing CSS
7. Working with Images
8. Creating Links
9. Working with Tables
10. Working with Forms
11. Adding Interactivity
Additional resources1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.