Shows how to create cascading style sheets that are efficient, reusable, and easy to navigate, using the tools in Dreamweaver CS5.
- Hello, and welcome to Dreamweaver CS5, Managing CSS. My name is James Williamson. I'm a senior author at Lynda.com and an Adobe certified instructor. In this course, I want to dive a little deeper into the creation and management of CSS within Dreamweaver. Dreamweaver is one of the most powerful web design and development programs on the market and has some of the most complete and compelling CSS tools available. In this course, we'll focus on how to build an environment in Dreamweaver more conducive to creating CSS, how to streamline the process of creating styles, and explore using powerful tools like Snippets to rapidly build external styles.
We'll also focus on organizing styles with tips on ways to make your style sheets easier to work with, eliminate style conflicts, and building style guides to give yourself and your clients a quick overview of your site's styles. Finally, we'll discuss deploying your styles, examine creating print style sheets, and discuss how we can deal with browser compatibility issues without creating a mess of your existing styles. Now, that's a lot to cover, so let's get started with Dreamweaver CS5, Managing CSS.
- Building a CSS-friendly workspace in Dreamweaver
- Creating style sheets visually
- Hand-coding styles
- Working with code hinting
- Organizing style sheets with color coding and sections
- Writing global classes
- Eliminating style conflicts
- Deploying styles
- Dealing with browser compatibility issues
Skill Level Intermediate
Typography with CSS in Dreamweaverwith Joseph Lowery2h 30m Intermediate
Site Navigation with CSS in Dreamweaverwith Joseph Lowery3h 24m Intermediate
1. Using Dreamweaver's Tools and Panels
2. Organizing Style Sheets
3. Reusing Styles
4. Deploying Styles
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.