Explores new features in Dreamweaver CS5, Adobe's web design and development software.
- Hi, I'm James Williamson, lynda.com Senior Author, and an Adobe Certified Instructor. Welcome to Dreamweaver CS5 New Features. In this title we'll take a look at some of the cool, new features that Adobe has in store for you in CS5. We'll examine the improved CSS workflow that CSS Enabled, and CSS Inspect provides. Check out the integrated services with CS Live, explore Dreamweaver's powerful new support of CMS frameworks like Drupal, Joomla, and WordPress, and much, much more.
I know you're probably as eager as I am to take a look at the new features in Dreamweaver CS5, so let's get started.
- Comparing Dreamweaver CS4 and CS5
- Setting up a new web site using the enhanced Site Setup dialog
- Browser Lab integration
- Working with CMS frameworks
- Using the Adobe Widget Browser
- PHP and site-specific code hinting
- Navigating in Live View
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: Does Dreamweaver CS5 allow users to choose HTML5 for the doctype?
If a user currently creates pages in Dreamweaver CS4 or earlier, but plans on upgrading to Dreamweaver CS5 and working in HTML5, what should the doctype be in the meantime?
A: Dreamweaver CS5 does allow users to choose HTML5 as the doctype. However, this can also be done quite easily in Dreamweaver CS3. HTML5 does not require a doctype. So the HTML5 "doctype" if used at all, is very simple:
That can be saved as a snippet and put it in whatever document the user wishes.