Discover the new features in Adobe Dreamweaver CC 2017.1, the latest version of the powerful web development and design software.
- [David] Hi, I'm David Powers and I'm here to guide you through the new features in Adobe Dreamweaver CC 2017.1. They're mainly focused on two areas, find and replace and PHP. We'll start with the streamlined find and replace bar, which has moved from the top to the bottom of the document window. It now works only in the current document and is designed for quick find and replace operations. For more complex operations, there's a floating panel which can search the whole site, a selected folder, or selected files.
We'll also look at keyboard shortcuts to find and select multiple elements in code view. PHP developers will be pleased to know that Dreamweaver now supports PHP 7.1. We'll see how to set up the default level of syntax checking and for individual sites. And then to wrap up, we'll take a brief look at other new features in Dreamweaver CC 2017.1.
David Powers begins with find and replace, showing how to work with the streamlined Find and Replace bar, which now works only within the current document and is designed for quick find and replace operations. He also shows how to use find and replace in multiple documents, including advanced operations on a specific tag, as well as finding and selecting multiple elements in Code view. Next, he covers PHP support, explaining that Dreamweaver now supports PHP 7.1, and showing how to set the default version of PHP in Preferences, as well as how to set the version of PHP for an individual site. He wraps up by discussing a few smaller enhancements.
- Restricting the scope of a quick search
- Finding and replacing more selectively
- Advanced find and replace in a specific tag
- Setting the default version of PHP in Preferences
- Applying a link to selected text in Live View
- Changing information displayed in the Files panel