This course shows you how to turn designs from Photoshop into a fully functioning website using Dreamweaver. Learn how to slice mockups, apply HTML and CSS, test code, and more.
- [Sue] Hello, this is Sue Jenkins, and welcome to Designing Websites from Photoshop to Dreamweaver. In this training, we will explore the web design process, from the initial idea and mock-up stage to website development. Here, you'll discover one possible workflow that will show you exactly how to take a design from Photoshop and convert it using Bootstrap in Dreamweaver into a fully functioning, responsive, internet-ready website. You'll start the training off by discovering how to set up your Photoshop and Dreamweaver workspaces.
Then you'll explore some design ideas related to creating a web mock-up in Photoshop. After that, we'll jump into Dreamweaver, where we'll build the home page with Bootstrap, and then we'll build and style the rest of the site's pages, play with Glyphicons, add a Carousel, and more. So, whether you're brand new to web design or looking for suggestions on ways to work smarter, welcome to Designing Websites from Photoshop to Dreamweaver.
- Setting up the Photoshop and Dreamweaver workspaces
- Planning a site and defining site goals
- Making a site mockup
- Deciding on branding and content
- Adjusting color and fonts
- Slicing graphics
- Optimizing graphics for the web
- Creating a favicon
- Working with Bootstrap files
- Creating a navigation menu
- Using the Photoshop extractor
- Coding for SEO
- Making sites accessible
- Checking for errors with the Validator tool
- Using the Clean Up HTML tool
- Using the Link Checker panel
- Building pages with HTML
- Styling pages with CSS
- Making site galleries and carousels
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating a Responsive Web Designwith Chris Converse3h 47m Beginner
1. Setting Up Your Workspace
2. Creating a Photoshop Mockup
3. Optimizing Web Graphics
4. Creating Dreamweaver Bootstrap Files
5. Building Site Pages
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.