Learn how to use Dreamweaver CC to create your very first website—a responsive HTML5 website that looks great on any computer or mobile device, and is complete with rich imagery and navigation, video content, and even a contact form.
- Hello, and welcome to Creating a First Website in Dreamweaver CC, the 2014 release. My name is Paul Trani, and I'm excited to show you Dreamweaver and how to create a website, how to integrate rich graphics, how to add animation and interactivity from Edge Animate, even including video. - Hello, my name is Ryan. - But not only that, you learn how to setup and integrate a contact form. And what about social media? Yes, we'll include that as well, integrating a Twitter Feed.
And we have you covered when it comes to other screens because the site is gonna be responsive. So, people are gonna be able to see your site on a mobile device, on a tablet. And along the way, you're gonna learn about HTML and CSS as well. I'm very excited. I hope you are too. So, let's go ahead and get started.
Author Paul Trani begins with brief introductions to HTML and CSS. Then you'll learn how to create a basic webpage, add text and images, and style the content with CSS. Paul then shows how to add navigation and links between pages, integrate video and social media (such as a Twitter feed), and create a contact form. The course also covers making sure your layout is "flexible" (i.e., that it resizes to fit mobile devices), testing your site, and uploading it to the web.
- Understanding the Internet and websites
- Adding HTML content to a webpage
- Styling content with CSS
- Creating navigation
- Adding more pages
- Creating a flexible layout
- Adding video and animations from Edge Animate
- Linking to other pages and websites
- Creating a contact form
- Creating a responsive site for mobile devices
- Uploading and testing the website