Explore how to integrate WordPress into a Dreamweaver site to make for efficient editing of your code.
(chimes) - Hi! I'm Joe Lowery. Welcome to Dreamweaver and Wordpress: Core Concepts. Dreamweaver includes numerous powerful features that allow you to modify the full range of code of a WordPress site. In this course, I'll demonstrate how to set up WordPress locally and integrate it into a Dreamweaver site, for more efficient development. I'll show you how to capitalize on the CMS-related features in Dreamweaver as well as the basics of working in WordPress.
Then, we'll dive deeper into the Dreamweaver WordPress workflow and create responsive pages for tablets and phone layouts. You'll also see how to work with WordPress categories to display specific page layouts and how to incorporate jQuery tools in Dreamweaver directly into your WordPress site. I'll show you how to publish your Dreamweaver work online to make sure you've got the final results up and running. I hope you're as jazzed as I am to start exploring this wonderful synergy between WordPress and Dreamweaver.
Let's get going.
- Setting up WordPress locally
- Establishing your Dreamweaver CC site
- Adding and editing posts and pages
- Customizing WordPress themes
- Building responsive layouts
- Extending WordPress editable pages
- Using and styling WordPress plugins
- Integrating jQuery functionality
- Publishing your WordPress site with Dreamweaver
- Personalizing and enhancing WordPress
Skill Level Intermediate
Author update on April 4, 2014:
WordPress 3.8.2 is now available from wordpress.org. The update focuses on security issues and should not impact this course in any way. A much bigger release, 3.9, is currently a release candidate and will likely go live later in April. I'm currently evaluating what impact v3.9 will have on this course.
Building Themes with Dreamweaver and WordPresswith Joseph Lowery1h 47m Intermediate
WordPress: Building Responsive Themeswith Morten Rand-Hendriksen2h 55m Intermediate
1. Setting Up WordPress
2. Exploring Your WordPress Site in Dreamweaver CC
3. Creating Content
4. Working with WordPress Themes
5. Customizing a Theme
6. Providing Responsive Design
7. Extending WordPress Editable Pages
9. Using WordPress Plugins
10. Extending the User Experience
11. WordPress Administration
12. Publishing Your WordPress Site
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.