Create forms to gather information from users and validate that information using various methods of form validation.
- Hello there and welcome to this Dreamweaver course on creating form to email processes using PHP and form validation. My name is Candyce Mairs and I'm an Adobe Certified Expert and instructor. I'm also a web developer and Adobe moderator. After teaching hundreds of Dreamweaver classes and creating video courses, the question I get asked most by Dreamweaver users is how to gather form information from a user and email that information.
I'm here to guide you through learning that process for your website and move you into the world of creating PHP-coded scripts for processing form information. This course will cover creating a test environment for development. We'll create different types of forms and explore the various form validation options available, including Spry validation form fields. A PHP script will be built to email the user data that can be modified for future use on any website.
Course files are provided so you can set up the development environment and work through the course exercises with me. Completed code is provided for code comparison. After working through this course, you'll be able to set up form to email processes that include form validation for your websites. I'm honored to be your instructor and I hope you have a great experience building your skills with me. Have fun!
- Installing XAMPP on a Windows system
- Installing MAMP on a Mac system
- Using admin consoles
- Creating PHP pages
- Commenting code
- Working with web forms
- Adding custom validation
- Using redirects
- Dealing with email issues
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Setting Up the Dynamic Website Environment
3. Introducing Dreamweaver
4. Working with PHP
5. Working with Web Forms
6. Using Form Validation
7. Creating the Action Page
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.