Learn how to use media queries and the new Fluid Grid Layout feature in Dreamweaver to create a single web site that delivers different layouts to desktops, tablets, and other mobile devices.
- Hi, I'm Joe Lowery, and I'd like to welcome you to Responsive Design with Dreamweaver CS6. Responsive web design allows designers to control the look and feel of their websites, for any given set of screen widths and heights. First, we'll get a clear picture of all that responsive design entails. Then, we'll dig into to the fluid grid layout feature, new in CS6, designers can create a single website to desktop, tablet and phone screens. Next, we'll dig deeper into one of the driving technologies of responsive designs, media queries.
I'll show you how to first generate a complete set of queries, using the Dreamweaver tools, and then how to enhance the code to incorporate additional media queries and more. Finally, we'll delve into the best techniques for handling images and media, in responsive design. Let's get started creating responsive designs with Dreamweaver CS6.
- Exploring the default Fluid Grid Layout
- Adding building block div tags
- Inserting content into a fluid grid
- Modifying the number of grid columns
- Adjusting column widths and margins
- Building media queries from scratch
- Handling orientation changes
- Setting up server-side solutions