It's always a good idea to check that your EPUB is valid.…Every time you make some major change, like add or remove images or add new…pages, just quickly convert your folder to an EPUB and validate it really fast,…just to make sure you're not adding more and more errors on top of other things.…And of course you need to make sure that your final EPUB is valid before you…upload it to the iBookstore.…So how do you validate an EPUB?…The official way is you go to this web site, code.google.com/p/epubcheck.…
You get the epubcheck at this recording right now, 1.2 is the latest version.…It's something that you really need to install in your command line, or as a Java app.…If you just want to do a really quick check for a smaller file on an occasional…basis, you can use this site.…It used to be Threepress Consulting in my previous videos.…I mentioned that this Threepress Consulting, does a lot of EPUB consulting,…hosted an online EpubCheck.…But they have since been bought by another company and so now it makes more…
- Comparing fixed-layout and flowing EPUBs
- Replacing placeholders in the fixed-layout template
- Extracting content from PDFs with Adobe Acrobat Pro and Reader
- Using free scripts to streamline fixed-layout production
- Extracting text and its formatting from InDesign layouts
- Exporting InDesign layouts to single-page HTML files
- Adding viewport and orientation instructions
- Embedding your own fonts
- Creating faux text wraps around background images
- Validating the EPUB
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: What's new in the 11/12/2013 course update?
A: Since this title was first recorded, many commercial third-party solutions have come to the marketplace that help InDesign users convert their print layouts to the fixed-layout EPUB format. We added a video about one of these, Rorohiko's ePubCrawler, to the "Starting with InDesign" chapter.
Q: This course was updated on 7/03/2014. What changed?
A: The author added and revised movies to reflect the June 2014 updates to InDesign's EPUB handling features, including fixed-layout support and EPUB exporting options.
1. Overview of the Fixed-Layout EPUB Format
2. Starting from Scratch
3. Starting with a PDF
Extracting text7m 4s
4. Starting with an InDesign File, CC 9.2 or Earlier
5. Starting with an InDesign CC 2014 File
6. Editing CSS for Precise Positioning
Next steps2m 22s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.