Join Joseph Lowery for an in-depth discussion in this video Using standard select menus, part of Building Android and iOS Apps with Dreamweaver CS5.5.
The select menu, also known as the drop-down list, gets a lot of attention in jQuery Mobile.…There are two very different ways in which a select menu can be displayed…in your mobile app;…standard and custom.…Essentially, the standard select menu relies on the device for rendering the…list options, while the custom menu is all jQuery.…In this video, we'll focus on the standard select menu.…Let me show you what I mean by the standard select menu relying on the device…for rendering the list.…If I go over my example and choose Select your trail, a small pop-up appears…with the various list items.…
Now if I choose one like China Lake, the selection is displayed.…Now the downside to using a standard select menu is that you don't have any real…control over how it's presented.…The system controls that.…On the other hand, because it is something that the system typically renders,…the user will be very familiar with it.…Now let me show you how to incorporate a standard select menu.…So I have opened now report.html from Chapter 6, the 06_05 subfolder and I want…
- Understanding the mobile app toolset
- Working with jQuery Mobile and mobile starters in Dreamweaver
- Applying an overall theme to an app
- Specifying Android settings
- Simulating the iPhone
- Setting up mobile pages
- Keeping jQuery Mobile current
- Applying page transitions
- Creating collapsible content
- Defining list views with images
- Creating web forms for mobile
- Integrating geolocation data with Google Maps
- Previewing an app in Device Central
Skill Level Intermediate
iOS 4 Web Applications with HTML5 and CSS3with Ray Villalobos3h 26m Intermediate
1. Exploring the Mobile App Landscape
2. Creating Your First Mobile App
Working with jQuery Mobile7m 37s
3. Setting Up an Android Work Environment
4. Establishing an iOS Workspace
5. Building a Mobile App from Scratch
6. Crafting a Form for Mobile
7. Advanced Features
8. Working with Device Central
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.