Join Joseph Lowery for an in-depth discussion in this video Using geolocation with maps, part of Building Android and iOS Apps with Dreamweaver CS5.5.
For a pure "how did we ever get along without it", it's hard to top GPS.…The geolocation feature in HTML5 allows you as a developer to tap into a…GPS-enabled device and retrieve the unit's position, wherever it is in the world.…In this video, I'm going to show you how to take advantage of that HTML5…feature as well as a plug-in from Google that makes it easy to display Google…Maps in your mobile app.…So first, let's check out the final result in a browser.…
So here you see a Google Map in our data theme pinpointing my…approximate location.…I can go up and drag down the map to see a far more interesting terrain nearby.…Now let me show you how to build this in Dreamweaver.…I have opened now the index.html file and the first thing I need to do is to add…a link to an external file that will display the map.…So I'm going to go ahead and scroll down a little bit here in Split View till I…get to my last item in my list, which is Compass.…
Place my cursor right after Compass and then press Return to create a new list item.…
- Understanding the mobile app toolset
- Working with jQuery Mobile and mobile starters in Dreamweaver
- Applying an overall theme to an app
- Specifying Android settings
- Simulating the iPhone
- Setting up mobile pages
- Keeping jQuery Mobile current
- Applying page transitions
- Creating collapsible content
- Defining list views with images
- Creating web forms for mobile
- Integrating geolocation data with Google Maps
- Previewing an app in Device Central
Skill Level Intermediate
iOS 4 Web Applications with HTML5 and CSS3with Ray Villalobos3h 26m Intermediate
1. Exploring the Mobile App Landscape
2. Creating Your First Mobile App
Working with jQuery Mobile7m 37s
3. Setting Up an Android Work Environment
4. Establishing an iOS Workspace
5. Building a Mobile App from Scratch
6. Crafting a Form for Mobile
7. Advanced Features
8. Working with Device Central
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.