Join Anne-Marie Concepción for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the exercise files, part of Creating a Fixed-Layout EPUB.
If you are a premium member of the lynda.com Online Training Library, or if…you're watching this tutorial on a DVD, you have access to the exercise files…that I use throughout this title.…Inside the Exercise Files folder, I have a folder for every chapter.…And in most of the chapters, I have subfolders; one per movie.…You'll find some PDFs, some HTML,…some CSS files, some InDesign files, everything that you need to do to follow…along with what I'm doing on screen is contained here.…There are some free exercise files as well, so even if you're not a premium…member, be sure to click on the Exercise Files button in the lynda.com web site…to see which free ones you can download.…
If you don't have access to the premium files, don't worry about it.…You can follow along with your own files.…So let's get started.…
- Comparing fixed-layout and flowing EPUBs
- Replacing placeholders in the fixed-layout template
- Extracting content from PDFs with Adobe Acrobat Pro and Reader
- Using free scripts to streamline fixed-layout production
- Extracting text and its formatting from InDesign layouts
- Exporting InDesign layouts to single-page HTML files
- Adding viewport and orientation instructions
- Embedding your own fonts
- Creating faux text wraps around background images
- Validating the EPUB
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: What's new in the 11/12/2013 course update?
A: Since this title was first recorded, many commercial third-party solutions have come to the marketplace that help InDesign users convert their print layouts to the fixed-layout EPUB format. We added a video about one of these, Rorohiko's ePubCrawler, to the "Starting with InDesign" chapter.
Q: This course was updated on 7/03/2014. What changed?
A: The author added and revised movies to reflect the June 2014 updates to InDesign's EPUB handling features, including fixed-layout support and EPUB exporting options.
1. Overview of the Fixed-Layout EPUB Format
2. Starting from Scratch
3. Starting with a PDF
Extracting text7m 4s
4. Starting with an InDesign File, CC 9.2 or Earlier
5. Starting with an InDesign CC 2014 File
6. Editing CSS for Precise Positioning
Next steps2m 22s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.