Join David Powers for an in-depth discussion in this video Using Paste Special in Live View, part of Dreamweaver CC 2015: Responsive Design with Bootstrap.
- Duplicating columns with placeholder content,…like we've just done is great…for rapid prototyping,…but eventually you need to add the real content.…Doing so is easy, particularly…if the text is supplied as a Microsoft Word document…that's been formatted using heading…and paragraph styles.…So let's get to work.…I'm going to begin by selecting…the icon in the second colunn…and then opening the quick property inspector…and alongside source, click the browse for file icon.…
Make sure we are in the Site Root,…then the images folder, the svg sub folder,…and I'm going to select leaf_icon.…Then just click OK.…And that fixed that icon, I want…to leave it selected and then get the text.…And if we go to the Files panel and open that…in the exercise files for this video there's…a new folder, it's called content and it contains two files.…They both contain the same text content,…but they're in different formats.…
The first one, highlights.docx, is…in Microsoft Word format…and the second one highlights.rtf is…in Rich Text Format.…
- Defining a custom Bootstrap layout grid
- Inserting and modifying a navigation bar
- Adding a container for a hero image
- Working with columns inside a Bootstrap container
- Creating placeholder content with Emmet
- Speeding up layout by duplicating columns
- Moving page elements in the DOM
- Previewing the mobile webpage with Device Preview
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Creating the Site Navigation
3. Adding a Hero Image
Inserting the hero image6m 37s
4. Working with Columns
5. Using Device Preview
What next?2m 5s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.