Join David Powers for an in-depth discussion in this video Using Bootstrap 4, part of Dreamweaver CC New Features.
- [Instructor] The big new feature…in the March 2018 release of Dreamweaver CC…is the integration of Bootstrap 4,…the popular responsive framework.…In fact, it's the only new feature,…so let's take a look at it.…I'm going to create a new site in Dreamweaver…and call it Bootstrap 4…and the local site folder I'll create a new folder…on my desktop,…call that Bootstrap4.…
Select that and then click Save.…Bootstrap 4 isn't backwards compatible with Bootstrap 3…but don't worry about maintaining…existing bootstrap sites.…Dreamweaver has support for both versions…and we'll look at how to switch between them…in the next video.…Incidentally there are no download files…for this chapter.…I'm going to use a built-in sample layout.…So, I go to File, New in the New Document dialog box,…document type, HTML,…under Framework select Bootstrap,…Bootstrap CSS, Create New,…then select this check box…to include a pre-built layout.…
This Customize button allows you…to customize the default grid.…I'm not going to make any changes…but let's see the options available.…
- Restricting the scope of a quick search
- Finding and replacing more selectively
- Advanced find and replace in a specific tag
- Setting the default version of PHP in Preferences
- Applying a link to selected text in Live View
- Changing information displayed in the Files panel
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 10/18/2017. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: find and replace and PHP support. In addition, new videos were added that cover code view improvements, Real-Time Preview, and CSS preprocessor integration.
Q: This course was updated on 03/30/2018. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover using Bootstrap 4 and switching to Bootstrap 3.
Q: This course was updated on 12/20/2018. What changed?