Join Sue Jenkins for an in-depth discussion in this video Use image optimization tools, part of Designing Websites from Photoshop to Dreamweaver.
- [Instructor] We all know from personal experience…that a fast loading webpage is more appealing…than a slow loading one regardless of what it looks like.…Page load times are actually determined by the cumulative…file sizes of the webpage plus all the images, scripts,…hosted fonts, and style sheets it needs to fully display…in a browser.…To give you an example, a page with assets totaling…3.2 megabytes might take 3.03 seconds to load.…Believe it or not, most web users today will expect a page…to load in two seconds or less and if it doesn't load…by three seconds they leave.…
From a sale standpoint, faster loading pages…are more profitable.…As a matter of fact, when your webpages load faster,…there's a greater likelihood to increase page views,…turn visitors into customers, and increase brand loyalty.…On the other hand, every one-second delay…can result in conversion losses, so it's super important…to ensure that your image file sizes are as small…as they can possibly be.…Now Photoshop does a great job with optimizing images…
- Setting up the Photoshop and Dreamweaver workspaces
- Planning a site and defining site goals
- Making a site mockup
- Deciding on branding and content
- Adjusting color and fonts
- Slicing graphics
- Optimizing graphics for the web
- Creating a favicon
- Working with Bootstrap files
- Creating a navigation menu
- Using the Photoshop extractor
- Coding for SEO
- Making sites accessible
- Checking for errors with the Validator tool
- Using the Clean Up HTML tool
- Using the Link Checker panel
- Building pages with HTML
- Styling pages with CSS
- Making site galleries and carousels
Skill Level Intermediate
Dreamweaver CC 2015: Responsive Design with Bootstrapwith David Powers2h 10m Appropriate for all
Creating a Responsive Web Designwith Chris Converse3h 47m Beginner
1. Setting Up Your Workspace
2. Creating a Photoshop Mockup
3. Optimizing Web Graphics
4. Creating Dreamweaver Bootstrap Files
5. Building Site Pages
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.