Join Sue Jenkins for an in-depth discussion in this video Use the Photoshop extractor, part of Designing Websites from Photoshop to Dreamweaver.
- [Instructor] In October 2014 Adobe added a new…time-saving feature to Dreamweaver CC…called the Photoshop Extractor.…The Extractor allows users to pull text…and CSS style information directly from a Photoshop file…right from within the Dreamweaver workspace.…To open the Extract panel select Window, Extract.…You can then upload your Photoshop mock-up into the panel…and load it into the Extractor workspace.…
To begin click the Styles button…to see the Fonts, Colors, and Gradients used,…along with any associated CSS for any element.…Or click the Layers button…to view and select elements by the PSD layer.…Let me show you how to copy and paste text from the PSD…into the Dreamweaver document in Design view.…If we click on the heading in row one a popup dialog box…appears offering to Copy CSS, Copy Text, and extract asset,…which will export selected objects as optimized web graphics…right into the manage site.…
Let's click Copy Text…and then switch back over to the HTML file.…We'll scroll down to row one,…double-click to select the text,…
- Setting up the Photoshop and Dreamweaver workspaces
- Planning a site and defining site goals
- Making a site mockup
- Deciding on branding and content
- Adjusting color and fonts
- Slicing graphics
- Optimizing graphics for the web
- Creating a favicon
- Working with Bootstrap files
- Creating a navigation menu
- Using the Photoshop extractor
- Coding for SEO
- Making sites accessible
- Checking for errors with the Validator tool
- Using the Clean Up HTML tool
- Using the Link Checker panel
- Building pages with HTML
- Styling pages with CSS
- Making site galleries and carousels
Skill Level Intermediate
Dreamweaver CC 2015: Responsive Design with Bootstrapwith David Powers2h 10m Appropriate for all
Creating a Responsive Web Designwith Chris Converse3h 47m Beginner
1. Setting Up Your Workspace
2. Creating a Photoshop Mockup
3. Optimizing Web Graphics
4. Creating Dreamweaver Bootstrap Files
5. Building Site Pages
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.