Join Sue Jenkins for an in-depth discussion in this video Use Glyphicons, part of Designing Websites from Photoshop to Dreamweaver.
- [Instructor] In this lesson we're…going to add some glyphicons to the homepage for our site.…Glyphicons are those little icons or symbols…in font format that are integrated…into bootstrap css making it easier…than ever to insert them into your pages.…Bootstrap includes over 250 glyphs…for you to choose from.…Before I show you how to use them,…let's take a look at the glyphicons…on the getbootstrap.com website…where they're displayed by icon and name.…Here's an example, glyphicon-heart.…
For our layout we'll use three…glyphicons for the graphics inside…those pink circles in row two to represent…custom designs, all natural ingredients,…and special occasions.…In the mock up I used a heart, cutlery,…and a birthday cake even though the cake…is not an available option with bootstrap.…Therefore instead of the cake we can use…one of the other icons or use another…glyphicon service such as Font Awesome.…If we take a look at our homepage code for row two…while in live view,…we can see that the span tag here…is used for all three circles with…
- Setting up the Photoshop and Dreamweaver workspaces
- Planning a site and defining site goals
- Making a site mockup
- Deciding on branding and content
- Adjusting color and fonts
- Slicing graphics
- Optimizing graphics for the web
- Creating a favicon
- Working with Bootstrap files
- Creating a navigation menu
- Using the Photoshop extractor
- Coding for SEO
- Making sites accessible
- Checking for errors with the Validator tool
- Using the Clean Up HTML tool
- Using the Link Checker panel
- Building pages with HTML
- Styling pages with CSS
- Making site galleries and carousels
Skill Level Intermediate
Dreamweaver CC 2015: Responsive Design with Bootstrapwith David Powers2h 10m Appropriate for all
Creating a Responsive Web Designwith Chris Converse3h 47m Beginner
1. Setting Up Your Workspace
2. Creating a Photoshop Mockup
3. Optimizing Web Graphics
4. Creating Dreamweaver Bootstrap Files
5. Building Site Pages
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.