Join Paul Trani for an in-depth discussion in this video Uploading the site, part of Creating a First Website in Dreamweaver CC 2015.
- Now we get down to the fun part…which is uploading our site for the world to see.…So this is great.…In fact all we really need to do is…it's just going to be a matter of filling in the blanks.…So I encourage you to go to Manage Sites.…And you'll notice you'll see Paul's Design Shop…which we set up earlier by selecting New Site.…So we've just defined a local site earlier.…Here's the name and it's on my desktop.…Now, next up is servers.…This is really what we need to do is we need to add…a remote server.…
So here it is.…Server Name, Paul's Design Shop.…That's going to be the title right over here.…And FTP is what we want to do…and we really just need the FTP address, the username…and the password.…All right, so those are the things that I need to fill in.…And you'll get that from your web hosting provider.…So I actually use GoDaddy.…So here's GoDaddy.…You can get domain names.…You can get websites.…It's really just a matter of searching…and finding what you want…and making sure you get hosting, all right.…
So if I click over to this account we'll see FTP information…
Over the course of the training, you'll learn about building basic webpages; adding text, links, images, and navigation; and making your layout "flexible" on mobile devices. Each step provides another lesson on HTML and CSS, the building blocks of the web. Along the way, Paul shows how to add bonus features, such as animation from Edge Animate, a Twitter feed, and an interactive contact form.
- Planning a website
- Creating your first webpage
- Adding HTML5 content
- Styling content and the layout with CSS
- Adding images
- Creating navigation
- Building alternate layouts for tablets and mobile devices
- Adding animation and video
- Creating a contact form
- Uploading and testing the website
Skill Level Beginner
1. Understanding Website Design
2. Creating a Webpage
3. Stylizing Content
4. Adding Navigation and Pages
5. Creating a Flexible Layout
6. Adding Media
7. Creating a Contact Form
8. Testing and Uploading
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.