Join Joseph Lowery for an in-depth discussion in this video Updating page structure and the background, part of Dreamweaver CC and WordPress 3.8: Core Concepts.
…In this chapter, we're going to be working with the Child Theme setup in…the previous chapter in the lesson…appropriately named, Setting Up a Child Theme.…And we'll be doing that so our basic WordPress…page fits in with the design of our overall site.…We're going to be taking an outside-in approach, starting…with the page background and basic page structure.…When I'm working on a project like this, I always develop a comp in HTML first.…That comp will give us the precise CSS declarations we'll need to…replicate a design as well as clues to the required underlying structure.…
So let's open the blog comp for this site, which you'll find in the website files…in the folder called _source, and then file name is blogcomp.htm.…I'm going to go to Design View and…then Live View, so you can see what it looks like.…Let me collapse the properties panel as well.…Now, I also want to open up index.php from my blog site.…And once I have that open, let's discover the…dynamically related files and then switch to Live View.…
- Setting up WordPress locally
- Establishing your Dreamweaver CC site
- Adding and editing posts and pages
- Customizing WordPress themes
- Building responsive layouts
- Extending WordPress editable pages
- Using and styling WordPress plugins
- Integrating jQuery functionality
- Publishing your WordPress site with Dreamweaver
- Personalizing and enhancing WordPress
Skill Level Intermediate
Dreamweaver and WordPress: Building Themeswith Joseph Lowery1h 47m Intermediate
WordPress: Building Responsive Themeswith Morten Rand-Hendriksen2h 55m Intermediate
1. Setting Up WordPress
2. Exploring Your WordPress Site in Dreamweaver CC
3. Creating Content
4. Working with WordPress Themes
5. Customizing a Theme
6. Providing Responsive Design
7. Extending WordPress Editable Pages
9. Using WordPress Plugins
10. Extending the User Experience
11. WordPress Administration
12. Publishing Your WordPress Site
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.