Join David Powers for an in-depth discussion in this video Unlocking individual documents in Windows, part of Dreamweaver CC New Features.
- [Instructor] In the Windows version of Dreamweaver,…new documents always open in tabs like this…so you can tab between open documents,…but only one of them is ever visible at any given time.…Unlike the Mac version,…there's no option in Preferences to turn off tabs.…But in Dreamweaver CC 2018,…Windows users can now undock individual document windows.…By the way, there are no exercise files for this video.…Just open any site in Dreamweaver.…To undock a document window,…just grab its tab with your mouse pointer,…drag away and then release,…and it turns into a floating window…that you can then move across onto a second monitor.…
Now you can't see my second monitor,…so let's just drag this back into view.…And because it's a floating window, it's also resizable.…When you have floating document windows like this,…the Code, Split, and Live buttons in the Document tool bar…affect whichever window has focus.…Currently, this floating window has focus,…so if I click Live up here,…this window turns into Live view,…but it doesn't affect this window here.…
- Restricting the scope of a quick search
- Finding and replacing more selectively
- Advanced find and replace in a specific tag
- Setting the default version of PHP in Preferences
- Applying a link to selected text in Live View
- Changing information displayed in the Files panel
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 10/18/2017. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: find and replace and PHP support. In addition, new videos were added that cover code view improvements, Real-Time Preview, and CSS preprocessor integration.
Q: This course was updated on 03/30/2018. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover using Bootstrap 4 and switching to Bootstrap 3.
Q: This course was updated on 12/20/2018. What changed?
Designing Websites from Photoshop to Dreamweaverwith Sue Jenkins2h 27m Intermediate
Creating a Responsive Web Designwith Chris Converse3h 47m Beginner
1. Code View Improvements
2. Real-Time Preview
3. CSS Preprocessor Integration
4. Find and Replace
5. PHP Support
PHP code hints5m 59s
6. Other Changes
Dreamweaver CC 2018 MAX Release
Overview of new features2m 43s
8. Bootstrap 4 Integration
9. Dreamweaver CC 2019 MAX Release
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.