Join Joseph Lowery for an in-depth discussion in this video Understanding mobile app basics, part of Building Android and iOS Apps with Dreamweaver CS5.5.
One of the real success stories in recent years is the emergence of the mobile…application or app market.…Suddenly the users of cell phones and other mobile devices could do much more…than make calls, take pictures, and text each other.…Highly targeted apps make it possible to play games, find restaurants, listen…to music, get directions, and even learn a thing or two, and this is just the beginning.…A January 2011 report by Gartner Research noted that the downloads of mobile…apps have increased to 117% from 2010 to 2011 and forecasts an astounding 185…billion downloads by 2014.…
Now before you join the development gold rush, it's important to understand the…difference between mobile apps and the mobile web.…Mobile apps are of course intended for mobile devices.…They are also only accessible via specific platform venues such as the Apple App…Store or the Android Market.…Mobile apps must be developed for specific platforms such as iOS, Android,…BlackBerry, or Windows.…This is by the way where the term Native App is used.…
- Understanding the mobile app toolset
- Working with jQuery Mobile and mobile starters in Dreamweaver
- Applying an overall theme to an app
- Specifying Android settings
- Simulating the iPhone
- Setting up mobile pages
- Keeping jQuery Mobile current
- Applying page transitions
- Creating collapsible content
- Defining list views with images
- Creating web forms for mobile
- Integrating geolocation data with Google Maps
- Previewing an app in Device Central
Skill Level Intermediate
iOS 4 Web Applications with HTML5 and CSS3with Ray Villalobos3h 26m Intermediate
1. Exploring the Mobile App Landscape
2. Creating Your First Mobile App
Working with jQuery Mobile7m 37s
3. Setting Up an Android Work Environment
4. Establishing an iOS Workspace
5. Building a Mobile App from Scratch
6. Crafting a Form for Mobile
7. Advanced Features
8. Working with Device Central
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.