Join Joseph Lowery for an in-depth discussion in this video Understanding WordPress structure, part of Dreamweaver CC and WordPress 3.8: Core Concepts.
…One of the real strengths of WordPress is its flexibility.…You can quickly added for an easily switch the look and feel…of your site to one completely different by activating a different theme.…New pages can be quickly added for any special purpose, content…can be grouped by custom tags or categories added on the fly.…However, all this flexibility comes at a price.…WordPress is a pretty complex application.…In this lesson, I'm going to explain just how WordPress works, so you can…get a better grasp of what your options are when creating a custom blog.…
The first thing that happens, a visitor…requests an initial WordPress page and that's index.php.…This starts the whole ball rolling as viewing any webpage would.…WordPress then activates its themes. This is one of the first…lines of executable codes in the index.php file.…Next WordPress checks to see which template files are available.…WordPress works with a series of template files that…it dynamically assembles together to create the desired page.…
Next, the application gathers the settings that are stored in the my sequel…
- Setting up WordPress locally
- Establishing your Dreamweaver CC site
- Adding and editing posts and pages
- Customizing WordPress themes
- Building responsive layouts
- Extending WordPress editable pages
- Using and styling WordPress plugins
- Integrating jQuery functionality
- Publishing your WordPress site with Dreamweaver
- Personalizing and enhancing WordPress
Skill Level Intermediate
Dreamweaver and WordPress: Building Themeswith Joseph Lowery1h 47m Intermediate
WordPress: Building Responsive Themeswith Morten Rand-Hendriksen2h 55m Intermediate
1. Setting Up WordPress
2. Exploring Your WordPress Site in Dreamweaver CC
3. Creating Content
4. Working with WordPress Themes
5. Customizing a Theme
6. Providing Responsive Design
7. Extending WordPress Editable Pages
9. Using WordPress Plugins
10. Extending the User Experience
11. WordPress Administration
12. Publishing Your WordPress Site
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.