Join Joseph Lowery for an in-depth discussion in this video Understanding WordPress plugins, part of Dreamweaver CC and WordPress 3.8: Core Concepts.
…Although WordPress is very powerful right out of the box, there…is a rich landscape of plugins that extends its capabilities tremendously.…A WordPress plugin is very similar to a Dreamweaver extension, except…you don't use the extension manager as you do in Dreamweaver.…You use the WordPress administrative interface, especially the Plugin section.…So you'll…see, as a main navigation item over on the left, Plugins.…And I click that, it shows a list of the previously installed plugins.…
WordPress comes with two by default, Akismet,…which you see up top, and Hello Dolly.…Hello Dolly is just kind of a fun thing that…you can implement on your own WordPress site if you like.…I typically will go in and actually…delete the files because I don't really like it at all.…But that's just me.…Akismet, on the other hand, is a very powerful plugin…that I totally recommend that performs in absolutely necessary service.…So a lot of times with blogs, you get comments that include a lot of spam.…
It's a really terrible situation unless you protect against it.…
- Setting up WordPress locally
- Establishing your Dreamweaver CC site
- Adding and editing posts and pages
- Customizing WordPress themes
- Building responsive layouts
- Extending WordPress editable pages
- Using and styling WordPress plugins
- Integrating jQuery functionality
- Publishing your WordPress site with Dreamweaver
- Personalizing and enhancing WordPress
Skill Level Intermediate
Dreamweaver and WordPress: Building Themeswith Joseph Lowery1h 47m Intermediate
WordPress: Building Responsive Themeswith Morten Rand-Hendriksen2h 55m Intermediate
1. Setting Up WordPress
2. Exploring Your WordPress Site in Dreamweaver CC
3. Creating Content
4. Working with WordPress Themes
5. Customizing a Theme
6. Providing Responsive Design
7. Extending WordPress Editable Pages
9. Using WordPress Plugins
10. Extending the User Experience
11. WordPress Administration
12. Publishing Your WordPress Site
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.