Join Joseph Lowery for an in-depth discussion in this video Transferring files, part of Dreamweaver CC and WordPress 3.8: Core Concepts.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
…With your site design finalized, you're ready to go live.…But let's take a look at the best way to accomplish…that to make sure that all your files get transferred properly.…The first task is to set up the remote server.…So we'll need to open the site setup dialog box.…The quickest way to do that, is to go to the files panel, open up the list…of sites that you see there and double-click…on the name of the site with the check…mark next to it.…Now, let's go to the Servers category and we'll…add a new server by clicking the plus sign.…
I'm going to name this one Remote and we'll keep the FTP…connection, because that's the type of connection we need to make here.…Now your host may require something different…like SFTP, which stands for secure FTP.…But for most people,…standard FTP works. So I'll put in my FTP address,…keep the port the same, my user name,…and my password.…Now make sure that you have Save selected so you…won't have to reenter the data every time and click Test.…Dreamweaver connected to our Web server successfully.…
- Setting up WordPress locally
- Establishing your Dreamweaver CC site
- Adding and editing posts and pages
- Customizing WordPress themes
- Building responsive layouts
- Extending WordPress editable pages
- Using and styling WordPress plugins
- Integrating jQuery functionality
- Publishing your WordPress site with Dreamweaver
- Personalizing and enhancing WordPress
Skill Level Intermediate
Dreamweaver and WordPress: Building Themeswith Joseph Lowery1h 47m Intermediate
WordPress: Building Responsive Themeswith Morten Rand-Hendriksen2h 55m Intermediate
1. Setting Up WordPress
2. Exploring Your WordPress Site in Dreamweaver CC
3. Creating Content
4. Working with WordPress Themes
5. Customizing a Theme
6. Providing Responsive Design
7. Extending WordPress Editable Pages
9. Using WordPress Plugins
10. Extending the User Experience
11. WordPress Administration
12. Publishing Your WordPress Site
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.