Join Paul Trani for an in-depth discussion in this video Testing the website, part of Creating a First Website in Dreamweaver CC 2015.
- One of the final things that you need to do…before you upload your site,…is to make sure you test it.…Now, what you can do is you can preview it…in a browser, the browser of your choice,…or different browsers,…and you could just kind of manually or visually…kind of check the design to make sure everything…looks good.…So you wanna make sure you have everything kind of…buttoned up if you will.…I'm also noticing actually right up here…for the title of each page, actually still says "home",…and that's because I duplicated the home page earlier.…
So I need to change that across…actually four pages, and then I wanna do some…more checks.…So right now this is just the visual check,…I'll jump into the about page,…and you can go to "window",…down to "properties",…and right down here for the document title…type in what you want, in this case "about".…And this is important because this gets picked up…by search engines.…The contact page, there it is.…Contact, naming everything appropriately.…
Pretty straight forward.…Portfolio, and then the thank you page,…
Over the course of the training, you'll learn about building basic webpages; adding text, links, images, and navigation; and making your layout "flexible" on mobile devices. Each step provides another lesson on HTML and CSS, the building blocks of the web. Along the way, Paul shows how to add bonus features, such as animation from Edge Animate, a Twitter feed, and an interactive contact form.
- Planning a website
- Creating your first webpage
- Adding HTML5 content
- Styling content and the layout with CSS
- Adding images
- Creating navigation
- Building alternate layouts for tablets and mobile devices
- Adding animation and video
- Creating a contact form
- Uploading and testing the website
Skill Level Beginner
1. Understanding Website Design
2. Creating a Webpage
3. Stylizing Content
4. Adding Navigation and Pages
5. Creating a Flexible Layout
6. Adding Media
7. Creating a Contact Form
8. Testing and Uploading
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.