- Customizing a layout for phones can be both…the most difficult and the simplest of task.…It's often the hardest,…because you have such a limited size screen to work with.…Once you make your peace with that,…it can be the easiest to design for,…exactly, because your options are so limited.…In this lesson, we're going to take the steps…necessary to complete the basic phone fluid-grid layout,…and dive into Dreamworks mobile first design strategy.…So, I have the profile.htm file…from Chapter 2 0204.…
Start folder open in live view,…and my CSS designer panel is available.…I'm going to switch to the mobile screen…by clicking its icon and see where we're at.…Generally, the trend these days is to put…your content in a single column for mobile layouts.…While it does increase the scrolling,…it makes the content for the most part highly readable.…That's pretty much what we have here.…There's our images.…I think overall, we're in pretty good shape.…That's because the divs that we inserted…with our fluid-grid layout,…are designed to either go across the full-width screen…
- Structuring fluid grids
- Adding a new fluid grid layout
- Adding building-block div tags
- Inserting content into a fluid grid
- Modifying the number of grid columns
- Building media queries from scratch
- Working with additional media queries
- Handling orientation changes
- Manipulating CSS
- Adding new media
Skill Level Intermediate
Edge Animate Essential Trainingwith Chris Converse4h 44m Beginner
1. Understanding Responsive Web Design
2. Fluid Grid Layouts in Dreamweaver
3. Expanding on a Fluid Grid Structure
4. Enhanced Media Queries
5. Flexible Images and Media
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.