- As important as handling both foreground…and background images in a responsive design are,…we live in the world where digital video is everywhere.…So you want to make sure you've got that covered, as well.…In this lesson, I'll show you how to handle…an embedded video, like one from YouTube…or Vimeo, in a responsive fashion.…In profile.htm, I've already placed a YouTube video…on the page, down at the bottom.…It's in a standardized iframe structure,…let me go ahead and select it,…(music plays),…pause it, and switch to a "Split" view…so you can see the code,…go all the way down here, there we go.…
So, as I was saying, it's a standard <iframe> tag…actually copied right from YouTube, but as you can see,…here in "Live" view, it's actually pretty small…on the screen, relative to the rest of the page.…Let me go ahead and close off everything.…And then, here it is in desktop size,…kind of a column and a half there, and…here it is in tablet, again, kinda,…just kinda sticks out, because it's…really not taking care of the space.…
- Structuring fluid grids
- Adding a new fluid grid layout
- Adding building-block div tags
- Inserting content into a fluid grid
- Modifying the number of grid columns
- Building media queries from scratch
- Working with additional media queries
- Handling orientation changes
- Manipulating CSS
- Adding new media
Skill Level Intermediate
Edge Animate Essential Trainingwith Chris Converse4h 44m Beginner
1. Understanding Responsive Web Design
2. Fluid Grid Layouts in Dreamweaver
3. Expanding on a Fluid Grid Structure
4. Enhanced Media Queries
5. Flexible Images and Media
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.