Join David Powers for an in-depth discussion in this video Switching to Bootstrap 3, part of Dreamweaver CC New Features.
- [Instructor] Although Bootstrap 4 is now the…default version of the framework in Dreamweaver CC,…Bootstrap 3 is likely to be around for some time.…And Dreamweaver makes it easy to switch between the two.…I'm going to create a new site in Dreamweaver for Bootstrap 3.…And with great originality,…I'm going to call it Bootstrap 3.…And the local site folder,…we'll create that on the desktop,…a new folder called Bootstrap 3.…
Select that folder, but before clicking Save,…expand Advanced Settings in the site setup dialog box…and there is a new option there for Bootstrap.…If we select that, by default Bootstrap version is 4.0.…Expand that.…The one we want is 3.3.7.…Select that and then click Save.…We can now create a Bootstrap page…by going to the new document dialogue box,…select HTML, Bootstrap, create a new CSS file.…
We'll use the prebuilt layers.…Now let's see what options are offered…this time by Customize.…If we expand that the grid system is 12 columns,…with 30 pixel gutter,…but there are now just three break points instead of four.…
- Restricting the scope of a quick search
- Finding and replacing more selectively
- Advanced find and replace in a specific tag
- Setting the default version of PHP in Preferences
- Applying a link to selected text in Live View
- Changing information displayed in the Files panel
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 10/18/2017. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: find and replace and PHP support. In addition, new videos were added that cover code view improvements, Real-Time Preview, and CSS preprocessor integration.
Q: This course was updated on 03/30/2018. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover using Bootstrap 4 and switching to Bootstrap 3.
Q: This course was updated on 12/20/2018. What changed?
Designing Websites from Photoshop to Dreamweaverwith Sue Jenkins2h 27m Intermediate
Creating a Responsive Web Designwith Chris Converse3h 47m Beginner
1. Code View Improvements
2. Real-Time Preview
3. CSS Preprocessor Integration
4. Find and Replace
5. PHP Support
PHP code hints5m 59s
6. Other Changes
Dreamweaver CC 2018 MAX Release
Overview of new features2m 43s
8. Bootstrap 4 Integration
9. Dreamweaver CC 2019 MAX Release
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.