Join Joseph Lowery for an in-depth discussion in this video Submitting forms, part of Building Android and iOS Apps with Dreamweaver CS5.5.
As on the web, submitting a form in a mobile app is a multi-step process.…First, the user must fill out the form and then click the Submit button.…Once the Submit button is clicked, the app sends the form information for…processing either to a separate page powered by server-side technology such as…PHP, ColdFusion or .NET or an embedded function similarly driven.…It's beyond the scope of this chapter to cover form processing scripts.…You can however see an example of that in Chapter 7 Applying Advanced Features.…
For now, I want to show you how to prepare your form for processing.…As I mentioned in the opening video for this chapter, jQuery Mobile handles the…submission process uniquely.…By default, Ajax is used to submit forms.…Any responses to the submission are inserted into the page DOM and displayed.…Currently the Ajax technique only supports the get method of form submission.…If you need to use post or for some other reason you don't want to submit the…form via Ajax, you can add data-ajax =" false" as an attribute to the form tag.…
- Understanding the mobile app toolset
- Working with jQuery Mobile and mobile starters in Dreamweaver
- Applying an overall theme to an app
- Specifying Android settings
- Simulating the iPhone
- Setting up mobile pages
- Keeping jQuery Mobile current
- Applying page transitions
- Creating collapsible content
- Defining list views with images
- Creating web forms for mobile
- Integrating geolocation data with Google Maps
- Previewing an app in Device Central
Skill Level Intermediate
iOS 4 Web Applications with HTML5 and CSS3with Ray Villalobos3h 26m Intermediate
1. Exploring the Mobile App Landscape
2. Creating Your First Mobile App
Working with jQuery Mobile7m 37s
3. Setting Up an Android Work Environment
4. Establishing an iOS Workspace
5. Building a Mobile App from Scratch
6. Crafting a Form for Mobile
7. Advanced Features
8. Working with Device Central
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.