Join Chris Converse for an in-depth discussion in this video Styling the thumbnail links with CSS, part of Create an Interactive Photo Gallery with jQuery and Dreamweaver.
- View Offline
Now, before this movie, I've set up the additional 19 thumbnails. Just drag them…inside of Dreamweaver, following the process we looked at in the last movie and…then linking each one to the full size,…and then in addition, adding a custom caption into each one that just includes…the file name somewhere.…This way we can actually check in jQuery to make sure that the caption we're…going to pull out of here gets populated into the caption area properly.…Now, you can change the order of the images by simply changing the order of the…anchor tags inside of here.…And if I switch to Design view, this is what we're looking at.…
Now, in here I'm going to choose File > Save All and then Option+F12 or Alt+F12 to…take a look at this in our default browser. Hit Reload.…Now, Safari is showing me these images here without a border around the outside.…But if I take the same file, go back to Dreamweaver--…let's preview this in Firefox--…Firefox will actually show me the blue border of the hyperlink around…the individual images.…
Download a copy of the finished web site here.
- Preparing gallery photos using Adobe Bridge
- Adding and linking thumbnail images
- Creating the layout in HTML and CSS
- Downloading and adding jQuery to the project
- Creating preview images from anchor links
- Implementing the preload functionality
- Building a customized lightbox with the Fancybox plug-in
- Styling the zoom and contact links