Join Joseph Lowery for an in-depth discussion in this video Styling search, part of Dreamweaver CC and WordPress 3.8: Core Concepts.
…In this lesson, we're going to keep the…focus on one specific widget, the search widget.…Now if we take a look at what we now have…in index.php, we can see that there's a label Search For…in front of the input field and that's plain and white…and in big old search button that definitely needs some styling love.…Now, let's compare that to what we're looking for in the comp.…So here in the Blog Comp, well, we can see there's no label.…Actually, the title is acting like a label.…
And, the input field is much larger.…There's a different background color and,…there's also what's known as placeholder text.…An HTML 5 attribute with the phrase enter keywords,…that you see in the center of the input text.…When the user clicks into the search field, the placeholder…text disappears and they can enter in their search text.…Now…I also want to point out what you don't see.…There's no submit button of any kind.…Now I purposely included this omission if you will, in the lesson because it's…a situation I've encountered before where there…
- Setting up WordPress locally
- Establishing your Dreamweaver CC site
- Adding and editing posts and pages
- Customizing WordPress themes
- Building responsive layouts
- Extending WordPress editable pages
- Using and styling WordPress plugins
- Integrating jQuery functionality
- Publishing your WordPress site with Dreamweaver
- Personalizing and enhancing WordPress
Skill Level Intermediate
Dreamweaver and WordPress: Building Themeswith Joseph Lowery1h 47m Intermediate
WordPress: Building Responsive Themeswith Morten Rand-Hendriksen2h 55m Intermediate
1. Setting Up WordPress
2. Exploring Your WordPress Site in Dreamweaver CC
3. Creating Content
4. Working with WordPress Themes
5. Customizing a Theme
6. Providing Responsive Design
7. Extending WordPress Editable Pages
9. Using WordPress Plugins
10. Extending the User Experience
11. WordPress Administration
12. Publishing Your WordPress Site
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.