Join Joseph Lowery for an in-depth discussion in this video Styling plugin output, part of Dreamweaver CC and WordPress 3.8: Core Concepts.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
…Like widgets plug-ins output generic code which needs to…be customized with CSS to properly integrate into a site.…Dreamweaver provides a perfect vehicle for styling plug-in generated code.…In the understanding WordPress plug-ins lesson…we added an events calendar plug-in and…created a calendar page which as you can see works okay in our site.…But it doesn't really match perfectly.…I think the background, for example, the light blue background around the calendar.…
If we change that to a light purple, would take that a lot further along.…So to do that, I first need to pick up this URL.…Which was generated by Word Press. I'm going to copy that from the browser.…And then go to Dreamweaver and…then in the URL field paste that in. Hit Return.…There's my calendar.…And let me close the files panel and…we're going to go ahead and do the filtering again.…
I found that Dreamweaver sometimes needs to filter it…twice in order to make sure it gets everything correct.…And there's our Calendar dot CSS as well as main dot CSS that was added by…
- Setting up WordPress locally
- Establishing your Dreamweaver CC site
- Adding and editing posts and pages
- Customizing WordPress themes
- Building responsive layouts
- Extending WordPress editable pages
- Using and styling WordPress plugins
- Integrating jQuery functionality
- Publishing your WordPress site with Dreamweaver
- Personalizing and enhancing WordPress
Skill Level Intermediate
Dreamweaver and WordPress: Building Themeswith Joseph Lowery1h 47m Intermediate
WordPress: Building Responsive Themeswith Morten Rand-Hendriksen2h 55m Intermediate
1. Setting Up WordPress
2. Exploring Your WordPress Site in Dreamweaver CC
3. Creating Content
4. Working with WordPress Themes
5. Customizing a Theme
6. Providing Responsive Design
7. Extending WordPress Editable Pages
9. Using WordPress Plugins
10. Extending the User Experience
11. WordPress Administration
12. Publishing Your WordPress Site
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.