Join Sue Jenkins for an in-depth discussion in this video Solution: Type legibility, part of Designing Websites from Photoshop to Dreamweaver.
(swoosh stinger)…- [Narrator] What five changes did you make to…improve the legibility of this type?…Here's what I did.…First I added paragraph breaks after each section.…One after contact, another after create together,…and one more after your message.…Next I changed the word contact to Georgia Italic 36 point…so it reads as a clear Heading 1.…
I then emphasized the line that begins with for email…by changing it to Georgia Italic and 14 point.…After that I made the labels email and phone both bold.…Lastly I made the measure for the entire text block narrower…from 700 pixels wide to 500 pixels wide for improved…legibility and then I moved the entire text block…over to the right.…This is just one possible solution…to create a hierarchy with type.…
Whatever your solution always strive…for making the copy both readable and legible.…
- Setting up the Photoshop and Dreamweaver workspaces
- Planning a site and defining site goals
- Making a site mockup
- Deciding on branding and content
- Adjusting color and fonts
- Slicing graphics
- Optimizing graphics for the web
- Creating a favicon
- Working with Bootstrap files
- Creating a navigation menu
- Using the Photoshop extractor
- Coding for SEO
- Making sites accessible
- Checking for errors with the Validator tool
- Using the Clean Up HTML tool
- Using the Link Checker panel
- Building pages with HTML
- Styling pages with CSS
- Making site galleries and carousels
Skill Level Intermediate
Dreamweaver CC 2015: Responsive Design with Bootstrapwith David Powers2h 10m Appropriate for all
Creating a Responsive Web Designwith Chris Converse3h 47m Beginner
1. Setting Up Your Workspace
2. Creating a Photoshop Mockup
3. Optimizing Web Graphics
4. Creating Dreamweaver Bootstrap Files
5. Building Site Pages
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.